Author Topic: New Beersmith user  (Read 5099 times)

BREWERDLUX

New Beersmith user
« on: March 08, 2007, 03:17:24 PM »
Howdy folks....... New To Beersmith. I am a longtime brewer, but I was a Promash user. I downloaded the freebee and liked it. Im in with both feet now.

GrantLee63

Re: New Beersmith user
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 06:12:51 PM »
I tried the trial from Promash as well and BeerSmith was the hands-down choice for me.  The fact that Brad offers a FULL trial version for a FULL two weeks was a plus as well.  I' ve just brewed my 14th AG batch last Saturday and I credit BeerSmith with a good part of my success!

By the way, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS !!!   ;D

Shakey_Dog

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 04:57:14 AM »
Welcome ;D

I also tried several other programs.  This is the best by far IMHO!  I have been using it for probably 3 years now.

Don

Offline Yeasty

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 09:22:14 PM »
Yeah, the full version trial was a smart move for sure, but even without, I jsut could move around so much easier in BeerSmith than Promash (only other to compare to.) I back up my recipes about once every six months about when I start getting this sick feeling of what if the computer crashed and I lost all my BS files! (The pics and the rest, whatever... but the RECIPES!)
It's a bit crippling, in a good way, I guess. ;)

Offline bonjour

• Global Moderator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
    • Beer du Jour
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 10:18:28 PM »
Welcome aboard.  I too used ProMash first.  If you dig you will see that I authored help files and tutorials for ProMash.  You also see wher I am.  While I have and maintain ProMash but BeerSmith is what I choose to meet my brewing needs.

I am sure that you will find that BeerSmith will more than meet your needs.

Fred