• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Installing BS 2.1 on a second computer

Slobrew

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I tried searching this subject but just found a topic from 2011 discussing flash drive.

Is there a way to install BS 2.1 on my laptop? I'm currently running on my desktop, but it would be nice to have it on the laptop for travel and brew day.

As long as it's your second computer and not a friends, wife's, brother...  You are ok. It's assumed that you are only using one at a time

Here is the actual text from Beersmith license info

Single User License
A single user license permits users to use BeerSmith only on two computers.  Site use, network use, or installation of a single license on more than two computers requires a separate license.  No one may copy or distribute any portion of the registered documentation, registration keys, files, data or executables except for registered users with the express purpose of backing up these files for personal use on their registered computers.  In addition, no one may disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, loan, rent, or lease this software.  This software is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.

Rick

Great, thanks for the quick reply. You are correct it will be on my personal laptop so it will only be used by me. Now how do I do it? Will the system recognize that I'm downloading a second copy without trying to charge me?

You are charged for the license ke. NNot the download. You can download as many times as you want. But, you can only use the key on two computers that you own.

Excellent!
Glad to find this forum.
2nd install will give me something to do at work..  :)

I have a similar question.

I have installed BS on my personal Laptop. I now also use this laptop for work and have created a new user profile and have installed BS on this work profile. Is there a way of accessing the settings and recipes under my personal/home user on my work user version?
I use Windows 7

slarty said:
Is there a way of accessing the settings and recipes under my personal/home user on my work user version?

This is precisely what the BeerSmith Recipe Cloud was created for.

When you store the recipe on the cloud, your equipment, mash and fermentation profiles are part of the recipe.

Back