• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Sharing Recipes & Profiles

brundage

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello BeerSmithies

I am looking for a solution to share recipes, profiles and inventory across multiple installs of BeerSmith (all licensed).  Right now I have a single system with BS, but want to give my assistant brewers access to everything at their stations.  I am testing Bittorrent sync to read-only copy the head brewer's BeerSmith2 directory, but that prevents the assistants from doing anything else with their installations (and seems to miss things).

My requirements: Allow assistant brewers to use BS and give them read-only access to
  • Recipes
  • Brew logs
  • Profiles - equipment, mash, carb, fermentation, etc
  • Inventory
  • Ingredients (we have some custom ingredients)

Cloud sync is insufficient for this sort of thing, and not private.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
--Dean

Dean,
  Currently we only have synch of recipes in the cloud folder, though you can certainly export Ingredients and Profiles (save them to a file or save them from a recipe) manually since they don't change all the time.

The cloud synch is not public - by default if you have all users log into the same cloud account, anything they put there will be private by default and will only be shared if you specifically share a recipe.

Brad

Thanks for the reply Brad.

I'm looking for a more enterpris-ey solution. BitTorrent sync to a master system seems to be the lowest friction way to do things for now.  With the correct settings it keeps multiple instances up to date with the head brewer's.

FWIW, having my assistant brewers log into the same cloud account seems to be against the Registration Agreement  :-X

You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason.

Back