• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What to brew?

steve2u42

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am going on vacation for a week this month. I am pretty new to brewing but do have a few brews under my belt (10). I would like to brew a batch everyday for 7 days. Can you give me some ideas? I would like it to be a recipe in beer smith so give me the name of the beer, and the name of the person so I can find it. Thanks for the help. I know people are going to say, depends on what you like. I like Lagers but do not have the ability to ferment at those temperatures so I need to stay in the ale range.

I think if you can give us a little insight to what styles you do like, that would help us direct you in the right direction. I could give you the recipe to a fantastic creme brulee porter, but if you're lactose intolerant you wouldn't want to brew it, so any additional information you can share would help us help you!
Cheers!

I have no allergies at all that I know of. I have brewed so far just to name a few: Raging Irish Red, Belgian Golden Strong ale, Centennial Blonde ale, Sam Adams Boston Lager Clone (using ale yeast), Falconer's Flight (stone IPA)
and a centennial Pilsner which was a extract kit and i really liked it. Liked them all. I'm sure anything I brew would would be drank. I'm kinda hoping to get a lot of choices to pick from so then i can go through and pick out 7 winners. I will follow up with a post on which 7 i picked. Not that is should make any difference but i will be doing all 7 in a BIAB.
I do use the Beersmith app on phone and computer so if you have the link for the suggestions, that would be great. or at least if the recipe is in Beersmith so I can find it.

I dont have a computer with beersmith on it right now, as my laptop took a crap on me, but I can send you a couple links with my personal favorite recipes if you'd like.

Don't have a recipe, but you could look for a California Common

Here's three beers that I brew that are simple brews and are all quite tasty.  My favorite is the Belgian Saison.  All three score consistently in the mid-30s in brewing competitions.

The English Pale and the Belgian Saison have identical grain bills.

Attachments

• Belgian Saison.bsmx
    23.3 KB · Views: 206
  • English ESB.bsmx
    20.5 KB · Views: 195
  • English Pale Ale.bsmx
    22 KB · Views: 211
Nelson and galaxy rye Ipa

http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,10327.0.html

Creme brulee porter
3 gallon batch:
8.75lb 2 row
9 oz each of:
Chocolate malt
Crystal 80l
CaraPils

1oz magnum at 60

5oz brown sugar and 11oz lactose once primary dies down a bit then add Madagascar bourbon vanilla beans.
Rogue PacMan yeast

Back