• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

interested in home brewing

Benemetz

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi my name is ben,  I  am  from baltimore maryland. I have recently been seriously considering trying to brew my own beer, I'll be honest i know nothing but i am interested in home brewing and would like to give it a try. what are some things i should consider before getting started and what is the best way to get started i.e products, kits , information.

www.howtobrew.com

This site has a early copy of the popular and highly rated book.  It will step you through all stages of brewing from beginning to advanced.

Welcome. You'll find the people here are friendly and helpful, unlike some of the other brewing forums out there.

The best advice I could give is to not buy anything twice, which is easy to do if you purchase equipment for extract brewing and then take the step to all grain. Next thing you know you need a bigger brewpot, a bigger chiller, and things start to add up. Best to assume you're going to go all-grain, and purchase your equipment accordingly.

I've found the folks at Adventures in Homebrewing to be quite reasonable in their pricing.

http://www.homebrewing.org/

You'll see that some of the equipment ain't exactly cheap, which is why you only want to buy it once.

Hey man, welcome to the forum! I am fairly new to brewing myself. You can absolutely make your own beer. I just got a starter kit from Amazon and it contained most of the necessary tools to handle 5 gallon extraction batches(you will still need a brewpot and a few other tools). Then I just picked up an extract kit from my local supply store and dove in. If you are anything like me, get ready for this hobby to take over your life, it is just so fun and amazing to share and drink beer you made your self. Definitely pick up a copy of How to Brew, the knowledge shared in that book is just amazing. It was all a little daunting starting out but go at your own pace and get ready to have some fun. Cheers!!

Welcome to the Forum.  I am new to homebrewing also, and am happy to be allowed to utilize all of the information that the seasoned brewers are willing to give.  So whenever you have a question just ask, and someone with more experience will give you an answer, (probably more than one answer).  They are all willing to teach what they know.

Back