• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

peas_and_corn

peas_and_corn

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey the name's Dave and you might have seen me on AHB, posting as peas_and_corn. Or my occasional post on the BN forum as peas_and_corn. I'm from SA.

Hmm, where to begin? Well, I brew AG, and I've recently rejigged my setup to lose a tier and go to a two tier setup. This makes things a bit easier, less climbing on stepladders.

I've recently swapped over to BeerSmith from Promash, so I'm slowly bringing my recipes over one at a time. There are things I liked about Promash that aren't here, and vice versa. Overall after some playing around I prefer BeerSmith mainly due to its more integrated interface and how it interacts with the mobile app.

I've recently been on an English kick- brewing bitters and low alcohol beers mainly. I like the ester profile associated with UK yeasts, especially the Wyeast Irish ale yeast so I have been using that a lot recently. A mainstay of my brewery is a simple SMaSH beer using Maris Otter and either Galaxy or Nelson Sauvin (with lots of late additions!). Stouts are also something I like, with sweet stout being a commonly rebrewed recipe (though I'm considering tweaking my recipe a little).

I keg and love it.

Back