• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Suggestions for sparging

jebitsy

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am a recent convert to Beersmith and like the way it works.  I do have a couple of suggestion in case your To Do list isn't long enough.    :)

I add lactic acid to the sparge water only, not to the mash water.  I'd like to have this reflected in the recipe and  in the brewsheet. 

I'd like to see the sparge water amount shown on the recipe screen somewhere (mash proifile would be fine).  When converting my recipes I try to keep the mash and sparge volumes the same and it is little cumbersome.  I go to the mash profile details| mash steps to set the mash volume.  In my equipment details I tweak the evaporation rate or some other parameter to get the sparge water to match my old recipe.  The only way I know to check the sparge water amount is to preview the brewsheet or print the recipe.

Thanks,
Jeb

Jeb,
  Thanks for your suggestions!

I will look into a way to add misc ingredients just to sparge water, though personally I think lactic acid to achieve the proper pH is more important for the mash than the sparge.

I believe you can also show the sparge volume for each recipe on the "My Recipes" display by adding that column (use Customize Columns on the View menu).

Cheers!
Brad

Back