• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Greetings from Northern VA..

f.stepanski

Apprentice
Reaction score
Like to think of myself as a beer lover with a woodturning problem, I turn wood as a hobby.  Now though I joined a home brewers club I am not a home brewer (yet).  My contribution to the club comes in the form of trades; my tap handles for beer, I like to think of it as Zymologic commerce. 
Prost!

Most of those handle look like Diamond Wood (layered and stabilized dyed hardwoods).  I used to make knives and used it on some handles.  It just never looked quite natural to me, so I went away from it.  The upside to diamond wood is it is very hard and wear resistant, so on extended use, the handles won't wear as much.  It's also quite imperious to water damage, so would hold up well as a tap handle.  You do very nice work.

There are some very nice spalted handles in there.  I love spalted woods.  Are the spalted wood handles stabilized?

It looks like you know what you're doing!

Back