• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

beer tower or taps

Damrite

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi everyone I got a smaller chest freezer that I will be converting in a keggerator. Now I'm debating  if I should go for beer tower or taps, any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks

I did the chest freezer connected to a Johnson COntrol to regulate the temp. I drilled a hole in the lid and placed a tower and love it. I opted for the tower because having just the loose hoses flopping around was unappealing to me. Also, the tower adds a nice "wow factor" when visitors come into the garage and see what I have. When they hear I built it myslef they are even more appreciative.

My opinion, in case it isn't clear, is Tower.

Hope this helps!
Jay

I converted my freezer to a keezer with 4 taps on the "collar" that you build.

I do the same as Damrite. I have a chest keezer, took off the lid, added a wood spacer and then reattached the lid. The wood gives you a place to drill through and put the taps. Also can drill through the wood to route the CO2 hoses to the inside of the cooler. I have two hoses, one goes to a three valve manifold and the other goes to a single gas inlet line. This allows me to keep 4 Corny Kegs in the Keezer. I haven't had a lot of luck with putting pictures on here but I'll give it a try.

Attachments

• 4 pull front.JPG
    4 pull front.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
Back