• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

An Aussie Brewer

Valley Brew

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey BeerSmith Crew

I'm from Australia and I have been using the BeerSmith II program for about 6 months.
I started brewing Coopers kits 18 months ago and with the aid of the members of the Coopers forums I progressed to Kits, crystal grains, liquid yeast and hops after my 4th K & K.
I have been using a 19 litre (about 5 gallon) round Coleman cooler for the past 12 months, starting out with partials using Coopers kits as a base (APA, EB & Euro Lager), then moved to partials slowly reducing the liquid and dry malt component until I decided to All Grain.
I have been kegging in 19l Cornies, with ball lock, for 15 months after tiring quickly of the bottle preparation routine.

I am finding the BeerSmith program, Cloud and forum to be an exciting idea and the ability to share recipes in the same format on the same platform is a big bonus.
I am looking forward to brewing some of the recipes that have been shared here as I develop my own skills further.

Thanks for listening
Scottie

Back