• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Calculated IBUs in beersmith, Giving me 2 different values?

Brewmex41

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
If you look in the screenshot, you can see that in the ingredients section, Beersmith is telling me that 1oz Magnum @13.1% for 60 minutes will give me 56.6 IBU, but down in the bottom where it gives estimated stats, its telling me theres an estimated 75.3 IBU.

Can anyone explain the difference? I checked the extract ingredients pages, they're unhopped extracts.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2014-06-17 09:50:08.png
    Screenshot from 2014-06-17 09:50:08.png
    241.1 KB · Views: 14
maybe it's giving you the same value but in different units?  change this in settings and take another look?  i've noticed this with volumes, where some places it gives gallons and other places in quarts.

another thought would be to give it the old open-and-close to see if it unsticks a glitch or previous value.

Screen shot omits some key stats like batch size and where Type is set to Extract, but my SWAG would be that the partial boil of  >8# extract is so high gravity that it is affecting utilization.  I'd fix those other stats like Measured Pre-Boil Gravity to match the expected, set type to either Partial or All Grain since you have the Roasted Barley in there, and then save, reopen as suggested. 

Back