• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cloud as the primary documen folder

Larsen

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have BS2 on my labtop and on an old pc in my brewery in a basement i've rented in som 10 min. drive from where i live.

I do a lot of transfers between thees 2 pc, and i think how convenient it would be to use the cloud as the primary dokument folder. then i could access the same data from the to pc's.

Not at the same time i know, since it's not a database based multiuser user system.

How about that, will it be possible?

Greate software, byt the way :)

/lars

The BeerSmith recipe cloud will let you work on recipes between the two machines. The cloud is in the View tab and drop down menu. When you brew, you can copy the recipe to your brew log and make all of the notes and modifications, there.

At this time, BeerSmith doesn't support the use of Dropbox or other cloud services with opening recipes. 

brewfun said:
The BeerSmith recipe cloud will let you work on recipes between the two machines. The cloud is in the View tab and drop down menu. When you brew, you can copy the recipe to your brew log and make all of the notes and modifications, there.

At this time, BeerSmith doesn't support the use of Dropbox or other cloud services with opening recipes.

Is there anyway at all to be able to have updated inventory and recipes on two different PC's? I guess if Beersmith won't allow for the use of Dropbox or Google Drive then I imagine this sort of thing isn't possible? A brew friend and I always brew together and use one set of grain/hops/etc so we'd love to be able to update it say on my laptop and he could then go home, login to our shared username account (we also have our own personal Beersmith but seem to use the shared one more since we brew together only), and then upload the new file from somewhere so it is fully updated. Is this possible in any way?

Back