• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Is Pitching late ok, due to under pitching at the start?

Millsnz

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi I'm currently fermenting a Bohemian Pilsner. I'm 2 weeks in to fermentation with a OG of 1.050 and looking to have a FG of 1.014. I checked in the weekend and my SG was only down to 1.031 should this be lower by now? My fermenter is bubbling away at close to a bubble every 1- 2 min could be longer. 

I've been reading up about pitching rates and i think i may have under pitched with only one packet of SAFLAGER W-34/70 YEAST. Is it ok to pitch another packet into my fermenter or should i rack to another fermenter and pitch again? or just leave it alone?

current temp is around 14-15C or 57.2F - 59F

When it comes to fermentation, time is your friend.  As long as you're getting activity, you should be fine.

BigBry68 said:
thad said:
When it comes to fermentation, time is your friend.  As long as you're getting activity, you should be fine.

I agree, patience is best.
Lagers are slower give it time.  How are you maintaining your temp?

Back