• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Problems with Scaling Recipes

SMB

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I downloaded "Kolsch (Batch2)" from the cloud, and I tried to scale it up from 5.5gal to 11gal, encountering a weird set of problems (I deleted the recipe and restarted multiple times):

1.  When I changed the equipment to my 20-gal Boilermaker, it 'zeroed' out all the style comparison factors.

2.  When I attempted to scale up, it also did the above AND it did NOT double any of the grain bill.

3.  When I adjusted any of the techniques to BIAB, it also did the same.

Please assist.

Thank you,

SMB

SMB said:
1.  When I changed the equipment to my 20-gal Boilermaker, it 'zeroed' out all the style comparison factors.

The way I'm reading this, it sounds like you simply changed the equipment profile instead of using the scale recipe function. That just dilutes the same ingredients into a larger volume.

By using the recipe scaling function, the recipe is converted via your efficiency and quantity.

Back