• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Promash, Beersmith and Vista

D

DIVER

I've used Promash for several years on my old computer and now I have Windows Vista and it's not compatible with Promash, lot's of problems using it.  Does anyone use Beersmith with Vista? I just downloaded the trial version and haven't loaded my inventory or entered any recipes yet. I'm still looking it over but it looks promising from what I've seen so far.
Thanks
Dan

Dan,
  No one has reported any problems with Vista and BeerSmith so far.

Cheers!
Brad

I also switched from Promash to Beersmith. I recently switched to Windows Vista and Promash doesn't work as it should. I have been trying the Demo for several days now using Beersmith and it looks promising.

I have transferred my version of Beersmith from my Windows XP Desktop to my Windows Vista laptop.  I have no problems running Beersmith.  works well, and by having it on a laptop I can be brewing and updating my information directly into the comupter, vice having to update the printouts and then later update the computer.

DIVER said:
I've used Promash for several years on my old computer and now I have Windows Vista and it's not compatible with Promash, lot's of problems using it.

Hmmm... that's strange.  I'm running Promash on Vista with no problems whatsoever.  Is it a version issue?

OK,
  I finally took the plunge and bought a Vista desktop - BeerSmith is running fine with no problems.  I tried a number of different operations and could not find a problem with any of BeerSmith so far.

Overall Vista is pretty nice - Only general issue so far are some of the development tools I use that apparently need to be upgraded and the usual pain and suffering in trying to move all the programs and data over.

Cheers!
Brad

Back