• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Partigyle and Split Batch Support

DaveTC

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I would like to see support for split/partigyle batches.

I just switched for ProMash after using that software for several years.  The features that got me to change were the support for batch sparging and for entering more than 1 yeast.  They ability to sync recipes to my phone should be nice also.

I recently started making sour beers.  To play with all of the variables, I started brewing a 12 gallon batches and splitting the wort into two fermenters.  Then, I have been pitching different sour blends to learn about how they work.  I would like to track these individually after the boil.  For example, I threw London Ale yeast and brett into one fermenter and Wyeast's Roselere blend into the other.  Another example would be making a lambic and adding fruit to 1/2.  In both cases, it would be nice to track gravities, additional ingredients added, oaking, and tasting notes separately.  So far, my solution is to create 3 recipes.  The first recipe will be used for brew day and include the full volume.  The second and third recipes are scaled to 1/2 the full batch and used to track the split batches.  It should work reasonably well, but it may get tedious if I need to change ingredients across the 3 recipes. 

I would like this feature as well to try different yeast or different aging,  Maybe include an option for a tertiary fermentor as well.

Back