• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Creating new ingredient

jkincer

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am trying to add: Maillard Malts Rye Malt Syrup as an ingredient. The only information I can find says: This proprietary blend of 70% 2-row, 20% malted rye, and 10% caramel 40 malt allows you to formulate your own one-of-a-kind rye beer! Our Rye Malt Syrup provides 1.035 ppg and is approximately 6 L.

Can someone help me create the ingredient profile as I am slightly confused. Thanks for helping!
Jay

Go to ingredients >> Grain

Right click on any one of the liquid extracts already on the list and select 'copy'

Paste this as a new ingredient so that you will now have two with the same name.

Open up one of the two extract profiles and edit the name.

Change the Potential to 1.036 as listed for the Rye extract syrup

Change the color to 6.0

Save this profile and it is now in your list of available grains.

Go to Ingredients > Grain, Click on the Grain Icon in to top bar and enter your information.

Thanks for the replies! I wasn't 100% sure if ppg was the same as Potential or if I need to worry about the yield percentage. I just left the yield at the default 75%?

Back