• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Sugar in Belgium Blond

Millsnz

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to brew a Belgium Blond in a couple of week. In my research of this style i found out that alot of Belgium beers use sugar. I know that candi and cane sugar are the same thing, unless someone can tell me otherwise. What I would like to know is how much i should use and when it should go in. I read in one place that it can be put in near the end of fermentation is this the correct time or should it go in during the boil? I'm doing a 23lt ( 6 gallon )

Attached is my current brew, if anyone has and tweaks for it let me know. i want to make this a good one.

Cheers

Attachments

• Belgium Blond Ale.bsmx
    17.1 KB · Views: 6
Candi & cane sugar are not really the same.  Candi sugar is often at a certain color stage which will give you additional flavors.  Clear candi & table sugars would be the same.  Belgium candi sugar is generally derived from beet sugar.

Back