• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Another Newbie

Joshuad22

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the home brewing family. Just started out with the basic equipment and how to brew books and you tube videos. I have two batches in the fermenter now. 1. American Amber partial extract kit. 2. Dry Hopped West Coast IPA extract kit.  So far so good, both came with detailed instructions although my first batch did boil over a bit. But I guess that's how we all start out by learning from the previous batch. I got a recipe from offline and it's all grains. Stopped by my local store and picked up all the ingredients. Going to test myself tomorrow with all grains. I'll post my results in a few days. Wish me luck and Brew On!

Welcome to here and to a wonderful (and expensive somtimes) hobby.

The boil over issue is one that is easy to solve.  Keep a spray bottle of water handy.  When it starts to foam up, hit it with spritz's of water to knock the foam down.  Eventually, it will go through hot break and you won't need to spritz it anymore.

Back