• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hornung

Nwilson92

Apprentice
Reaction score
From 1933 - 1953, there was a small brewery in Philadelphia, PA by the name of the Jacob Hornung Brewing Co (was called Jacob Hornung, Tioga Brewery from 1885 - 1920). From what I have been able to find, they made the following beers: Hornung's White Bock Beer, Hornung Light Beer, Londonderry Ale, and Hornung Beer (Ale). I have been trying to find a recipe for any of these beers. Has anyone come across any recipies for a Hornung beer? 

There is a guy by the name of Randy Carlson that wrote a book called "The Breweries of Iowa". I bought the book years ago as I am from Iowa and had an interest in the history around here. It is more of a book that tells you where breweries existed, and he did a great job of it. However, he may have some contacts for you. Look him up.

I'm a childhood friend of Jacob Hornung (grandson)the story He told me is that all the recipes were sold to Schmidts Brewery...

Back