• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Need to Move BS2 to my New Laptop

philm63

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I'd been running BS2 on my work laptop for a couple of years now, and I also have it on another laptop at home. I'm changing laptops at work and want to move BS2 over to the new laptop. Is there anything special I need to do? I understand it is limited to two machines (unless that has changed...) and it will only ever be on two machines, but how will this be seen when I go on-line to register it on my new laptop?

On your old computer, copy the documents/beersmith2 directory to a chip drive or cloud service like dropbox. This directory has all of your custom profiles and recipes in it. It's a good idea to make a backup copy of this folder, too.

When you install BeerSmith on your new computer, it'll start in the 21 day trial mode. Go ahead and add your activation key. If you don't remember code, just use the recover key function in the help tab.

Don't immediately make any changes to profiles or add any recipes. Once BeerSmith is installed and activated, close the program completely.

You can now paste the Documents/BeerSmith folder from your old computer into the same directory on the new one. Once complete, you can open BeerSmith to see your profiles and recipes in the appropriate places.

Back