• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Pbfirish

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Bryan, I have been brewing for about two years, made the switch from extract to all grain after the first extract batch and I decided that it wasn't the real deal.  Spent the cash to upgrade my equipment.  My tactic to convince the wife was that it would stop me from spending all this money on specialty beers from Founder's, Bell's and FFF.  Well, that didn't stop, but it worked to get the equipment.  Still learning each time and hope to make new beer loving friends on here. 

Currently have a Surly smoke in the keg about finished and have a nut brown about ready to take its place.

I am from Michigan and am also open to sharing locals from this area with those who are not as fortunate.

Cheers

Additionally, I am huge barrel age fan and intend on adding that to my brewing in the future.  Love Stouts, DIPA's and Sours.  Have yet to venture into the sour brewing. 

DRIPA from Kuhnhenn and BA Mayan Mocha from Odd Side ales are my current favorites and will try to duplicate somehow soon

In progress upgrade....the mash tun will be replaced with a stainless in the near future

Attachments

• 3tier.jpeg
    3tier.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 452
Slobrew said:
Might be a bad sign that the only burner is under the plastic tub. Welcome to the forum.

Ha, I may be new at brewing but I am aware that plastic burns....ha,  It was the tun I had at the time and the burner was placed there in anticipation of a stainless tun, which we now have :)

Back