• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How do i edit the hop form (pellet/leaf) in the inventory

PMowdes

Apprentice
Reaction score
I cannot seem to easily edit the hop form in either my inventory or when i add items to the inventory.  Am i doing something wrong?  Thanks  Phil

When you go to ingredients, Hops click on the typ of hop and there is a button there to change between Pellet,Plug, and Leaf.

So basicaly i have to duplicate an ingredient and change the form?

Surely it would be better to be able to select what form it is in when you add it to your inventory?? 

Why are all the hops are pellet by default.  Is it the case that in the US most brewers use pellet????

Could you not add functionality to the inventory so that an ingredient can be edited without going to the ingredients list?

PMowdes said:
So basicaly i have to duplicate an ingredient and change the form?
No. You can change the form just through the ingredients list, at any time. However, if you have the hop in more than one format, then you'd need to duplicate it in order to accurately track each format.

If the utilization difference is the main issue for you, you can just go to Options > Bitterness and reduce the utilization number for pellets to zero. That will adjust the bittering calculation. Since the hop format doesn't show up on the recipe, there isn't any confusion.

Surely it would be better to be able to select what form it is in when you add it to your inventory?? 
Yup. I agree.

Why are all the hops pellet by default.  Is it the case that in the US most brewers use pellet????
Yes. But, worldwide, hops are pellet more often than whole cone or plugs. The simply store better in less space.

Ok, Thanks.

Looks like i'll have to duplicate a bunch of stuff, All of my kettle hops are whole.  I only use pellets to dry hop in secondary

Back