• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Is it possible to change the default report?

kickz28

Apprentice
Reaction score
I created a new report to replace the default "Brew steps" report. Without overwriting the default Brew steps report, is there any way to tell beersmith which report I want to see when I click on Brew Steps?

Yes, there is.

Changing any default report is done simply by opening the report view window with the desired default, then clicking the red flag to the left of the report name.

Adding a custom report is simple, as well

1) Save the report as HTML.
2) Place the report into Documents/BeerSmith/Reports folder
3) Open BeerSmith
4) Options > Reports > Add Report
5) Either enter the name, or use the browse function to highlight it.
6) Click "OK"

Thanks. Doesn't seem to be working. Everything looks OK, but when I open up a recipe and click Brew Steps, the default Brew Steps report shows up instead of my custom one that I set as default.

kickz28 said:
Everything looks OK, but when I open up a recipe and click Brew Steps, the default Brew Steps report shows up instead of my custom one that I set as default.

Ah! True. You have to print the report from the preview pane.

I've forgotten about the brew steps report button.

Reviving this topic because it never seems to have been answered.

Is there a way that I can change which Report is displayed by default when I single click on a recipe on the My Recipes tab?

Currently the "Recipe" report is always displayed, which is based on the NewRecipe.htm file.  I like that sheet, and want to keep it as an optional report, but I want a new custom report to show by default instead.  Any way to set the default report or report sort order?

Oops, never mind.  I figured it out.  The red flag icon next to that field is labeled as "Sets the default report format...".  I took that to mean that it let us choose between XML, HTML, plain text, etc.  What it ACTUALLY means is that we get to select the default report itself. 

Sorry, should have clicked around a tad more before reviving an old post.

Back