• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

new with questions!

C

chefpr

Hello everyone i am a new bewer and i just finish my first batch now i bottled and in the fridge i notice there is white crust around top of bottle normal?  and also i dont have that much gas in the bottles when opened and poured there is not too much head on the beer? HELP!!  ???  Now when bottled it sat out for a week then to the fridge first bottle was opened after a week ???

1st welcome!

Second give it more time to carbinate. 2 to 3 weeks is best at room temp.

Don

so thanks for the reply, but now this 5 gallons of beer i have in the fridge is no good or what is a possible plan B for it any sugg will help thanks.

Take it out of the fridge and put it in a warm place.  70-75 deg. for a few weeks then give it shot.

One day after bottling, I always clean my freshly bottled beers to eliminate any sticky fingers/mold from spillage during the bottling process. Lukewarm water is usually enough to do the trick. That crusty stuff should come off with a little more work...

Back