• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Transfer BS 2 from PC to Mac world

Rep

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
As my PC began to show death signs I decided to move to an I-Mac.  I do have data backed up from my PC to an external drive.

My question is, how do I d/l the Mac version of BS 2 as I no longer have the key codes from my original purchase of 2 or 3 years ago?

I don't know if the keys are interchangeable between Windows and Mac. 

However, the key is tied to the email address you used when you registered BeerSmith. Simply click on the Help tab, then Recover Key.

Whether it works or not, would you please check back in and tell us?

I've gone from mac to pc, and back, and the keys are portable.
AO

TY both Brewfun and m750 for your responses.

I ended up finding the e-mail that Brad sent when I purchased Beersmith.  The activation key was within that mail.  I had D/Led Beermith earlier and now I went to activate it.  It asked for that key and it worked.  BS allows the software to operate on two computers.

I will be searching for an answer to this question:

I do have a backup of my PC hard drive.  I need to go into that external backup and locate the data for my inventories, recipes, profiles etc.

What PC file would that be stored in?  And, where would I put it on my new MAC?

Thanks

I have copied my Beersmith data file of recipes, profiles, inventory etc from my old PC backup to my new I-Mac.  I placed that file onto my Mac's desktop. 

I then D/Led Beersmith to my Mac.

My question is, where do I put that data file so Beermith will load it to the Mac?

Ahatever is the Mac equivalent of Windows Documents/BeerSmith2 folder.

Back