• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello everyone

joshuahill

New Forum Member
Reaction score
My name is Joshua Hill, I am in the Army and love home brewing. I got introduced to HB through a friend in Colorado. So far I have made some good beer so much so that my friends that have tasted it want to buy it from me, but I just keep giving them more for free. I enjoy seeing them enjoying my beer it makes me feel really good about my brewing skills that I am still refining. Right now my rig is a 7.5 gal brew pot a 10 gal cooler as a mash tun and glass carboys. I am looking to move up to a Spike conical. I have two old 15Gal kegs that a friend gave to me that I want to make into a new system. I recent built a keezer with really good success and have a kegging system with two kegs right now. I have been playing with yeast harvesting and it is working well. I want to eventually grow everything I need to make beer at my house and perhaps open a small beer garden wherever we retire.

A little about my personal life. I move around a lot due to being in the Army. I am married and have been for 5 years. I design my beers around my wife's palette so she can help me drink all my beer. We have a four year old son. He loves helping me on brew day I let him drop the hops in when the alarm goes off he is a blast. I want to get deeper into this hobby I love HB and I found other HB are awesome people and I really enjoy the lifestyle. Cheers!

Welcome to the forums!  We look forward to your contributions.

One word of caution though.  Keep giving your homebrew away.  It's illegal to sell it without proper licensing.  Each state has their own laws on this, but all of them make homebrewing legal, but selling it without proper licensing illegal.  Even something as small as putting a tip jar out is illegal.

Back