• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Lost Notes

allentwnguy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem?  Several times brew notes are gone.  After it happened the first time I thought it was me.  From that point on I physically would hit save because the notes are so important.  The latest happened today and I'm pissed to say the least.  To the point of finding another program to help with my beers and ending Beersmith.  I brewed a Christmas stout and even with saving the noted today I went to check the OG and low and behold all the notes are gone... AGAIN.  And I have to retrace what day did I brew?  OG?  Secondary?  When to add cherries, nibs and vanilla beans.  What was easy is now a cluster _____!!!!  Beersmith is becoming a hassle more than an aid.  I have had it happen with inventory where things I have added are no longer there.  Items just change.  It sucks, I'm pisse!

Sometimes I save notes to the recipe instead of to the Brew Log by mistake.

One thing I find annoying is Beersmith always prompts me to save upon close even if no changes were made. I never know if I changed something intentionally or if I was just messing with something, or if nothing was changed at all.

When I brew I always have the computer near by and make notes as I go.  Any problems, volumes,  Pre-boil gravity, OG and and anything else that has to do with the brew.  I've used a 220,000 BTU burner for the last 5 brews and have been adjusting my boil off.  I know I hit save and the information should be there but....  I remember my OG was 1.074 which was off by a bit.  Fermentation was just slowing down and I'm adding the crushed cherries today just because!  And everything else in a week.  It will be ok but it is frustrating to be doing things without having numbers.

Allentown,  If your using the cloud I have problems too with Notes disappearing.  And the cloud never remembers your tun & grain temps, among other things.  Not sure why I pay for it.

Grathan,  You probably know, but you can change that under Options.  Look and Feel.  Confirmations

I'm not sure how that makes sense. If it had changes I would want to be notified wouldn't I?

Unchecking those boxes must be for a very confident Beersmith user.  I aint.  How many times have you been in the wrong version or folder, saved, and then regretted it?  At least with a reminder we may take a minute to be sure before the irreversible click. (well it is reversible but not as easy as we would like)

That would be neat if there was an un-editabe option for recipes. That way I would only edit the Brew Log versions. Or perhaps a prompt that popped up if you edited something over 3 months old.

Back