• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How do I get some support? Easy Question

dpbisme

Apprentice
Reaction score
The profile I has on my laptop because corrupted so I created a new one.

Now when I fire up Beersmith it thinks I need to buy a new copy and it does not display my recipes.

I assume there is a file I need to move but what is it's name?

DPB

Your recipes and other files are saved in C:\Program Files (x86)\Beersmithx-Old where x=your version number.
This is the info I received for a similar problem:
- You will likely have to enter your registration key again
  - Once you have BeerSmith running again, use the Open command to open your old Recipe.bsmx file
    that is now in your "OldBeerSmith" directory  and then copy/paste any recipes you need into
    your new "My Recipes" folder
  - You can do the same with Equipment.bsmx, Hops.bsmx, etc... if you have added items beyond
    those that came with BeerSmith 2
  - If you can't open one of the files (Recipe.bsmx for example), you can also try opening the numbered
    backups (Recipe1.bsmx, Recipe2.bsmx, etc...) - these contain older copies of the original.
  - Let me know if you have any problems - and please keep your "OldBeerSmith" directory around
    (the one you renamed earlier) as it will have all of your data in it!

Good luck!

Back