• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brew Logs and Calendar Function

WestHighlandBrew

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I’m having so much trouble using the calendar and brew logs. Here is what I want to do:

Brew a batch from an original recipe, recording any changes to the original recipe in a brew log. This would leave the original recipe intact, where the log would have a record of changes, as well as allowing me to use the calendar to keep track of racking and kegging dates. I’d like to simply keep a brew log that shows any deviation from the original recipe. How do I do that without changing the original recipe?

I haven’t figured out how to save a brew log with a new brew date without altering the original recipe. Also, after experimenting with the Copy-To-Log button, I have multiple brews listed in the Calendar for a single day when only one batch was brewed. I deleted the entries in the recipe archive, but can’t figure out how to delete duplicate entries in the calendar. Does anyone know how to do these things?

You've found the "Copy to Log" function, apparently. Step one accomplished!

Here's how I manage all of my recipes:

In the master recipe folder, all of my recipes have the date of 01/01/2001. This is quickly accomplished by clicking on the date numbers and just hitting "1" in each.

With each recipe I intend to brew, I copy to the log and it automatically sorts at the top of the list when the date column is clicked.

I change the brew date when I brew the beer. Unbrewed beers in the log keep the 01/01/01 date. This sort makes it easier to use the shopping list, too.

Make sure you open the right version of the recipe. There should be a folder in My Recipes called Brew Log with a copy of any recipe you Copy to Log. If you delete it here it should remove the extra calendar entries.

Oh, yeah! Good reminder, grathan.

In the Options > Brewing menu, you can select the option to see only the brewlog in the calendar. That should eliminate all duplicates, as grathan suggested.

Back