• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Transfer license from old linux box to new linux box

chrismcnally1234

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'd like to move my license from my old machine to my new one, both Ubuntu. Is there anyway to export it?

I'm going to use the cloud to transfer my recipes.

If there are any instructions for doing this, I'd appreciate your links.

Thanks

Hi,
  You can transfer your installation over to a new computer.

If you have BeerSmith2, make a backup copy of your BeerSmith directory which on Linux is a hidden directory (.beersmith I believe - do an "ls -a" from your home directory to find it).

Next check the Help->Activate command to get your registration key, then download
and install the new copy on your new computer.  After you've run it and used your key to activate
it you can (if desired) move your .beersmith directory over to the new computer
which will carry over your recipes and other data.

When you are done with the old computer and have your data saved, you can then uninstall it from the old one.

Sorry for the necro thread, but I figured it is better to keep this together as I hadn't been able to find the answer, but this thread was a partial answer.

So migrating BeerSmith from one Linux computer to another seems supported with the same activation key from your response above. Cool.

I would like to confirm if I can migrate from one OS to another OS using the same activation key (or vice versa)?

-----

Reason being that I only have my work laptop (windows) at the moment and my Mac Desktop, but will be buying a new laptop when the CC recovers from latest brewing purchases :) and probably doing something about a linux desktop in my brewhouse.

Do I purchase now and migrate when I sort out the ongoing compute resources or wait to buy BeerSmith until I have them sorted.

Back