• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Delete mash step

mashingmartin

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I accidently saved a mash step I now would like to get rid of. But I don't see an icon or an option to delete mash steps.

Thanks for your help!

Bring up the mash profile you want to change, either in a recipe (if you want it only to be a change for that recipe) or in the mash profile folder (if you want it to be a more permanent change).  Click on the mash step you want to delete and you will see under the step box the option to delete the step.  Save the profile.

Thank you for your reply. Once I click on the step nothing happens. There is no icon that says "delete step"

mashingmartin said:
I accidently saved a mash step I now would like to get rid of. But I don't see an icon or an option to delete mash steps.

When you open the recipe, tap "Edit" in the upper right hand corner.
Scroll down to the mash profile. You can either choose a new profile by tapping on that bar, or modify it by tapping on the gear on the right.
If modifying, tap the step you want to delete.
Scroll to the bottom of that step and tap "delete Step"
Tap Save in the upper right corner.

Thank you for your reply. If you look at my Screenshot you will see that I selected a mash step on it doesn't open up. So it turns blue and then nothing happens. If I'm not in edit mode I am able to open mash steps and see the details. I think that a bug in my version.

mashingmartin said:
If I'm not in edit mode I am able to open mash steps and see the details. I think that a bug in my version.

How so?

From your screenshot, it appears you are creating a new mash profile. Simply tapping the arrow on the right of the step opens up the design view. At the bottom of the step is "Delete Step"

The previous instructions I gave were in recipe mode, but a shortened version works in profile view, too.

That's exactly the point. Nothing happens when I click the arrow. I'm using a new Galaxy Note 4,  maybe it's because of my firmware.

Back