• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Design Suggestions

Baldhead Brewer

Apprentice
Reaction score
I thought I would post a few suggestions for the next version of BS related to the program design.

Overall the program seems unnecessarily cramped. The program does not take advantage of available screen real estate leading to an inability to see information and requiring scroll bars. This is of particular note on the recipe design page. Both columns and rows of ingredients get cramped into a small window area. It would be great if this space could automatically scale, or have a pull tab in the corner to re size this area so it can be expanded to show everything. Other areas around the program could use the ability to fit more information in the windows and not have to resort to scroll bars.

Another design element I would like to see added is a beer label graphic. Many brewers like myself design their own custom labels and it would be nice to have a field that we can import an image and save it with the recipe. The only way to do this now is to import an image into the beer color rendering, but then you lose the rendering and the area doesn't rescale to fit the new graphic.

Back