• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

First time brewer in Seattle

ndmonkey

Apprentice
Reaction score
Howdy folks!  I'm just now getting into brewing at home (after 35 years...).  I'm taking it slow, and starting out using a kit to learn the basics.  Plus, I don't have the room in my small apartment to do it proper..yet.  Once I move out and move into a house, with a garage, I'll really start diving into new stuff!

I'm glad to have found this spot to discuss with ya'll about brewing.

Hello...

Welcome to our little group here.  I live down near Portland, in Vancouver.  I get up to Seattle about once a month on business.  I'd be interested in hooking up at a brewpub and talking homebrew, while downing a few.

Also, I brew about every other weekend.  So, if you down this way, just message me and let me know you'll be here.  If I'm brewing, I'd be glad to have you over.

That'd be awesome!  I happen to live across the street from the best pubs in Seattle, The Beveridge Place Pub.  Next time you are in the area, just send me a PM.  I would love to get your ear for a bit to help me get started :)

I suggest that you get a copy of How to Brew, by John Palmer and read it from cover to cover about three times.  Also, there are some great homebrew clubs up that way.  You'll make many new friends and get a lot of chances to go to their houses when they brew.  Give them help with their brew day and you'll learn a lot!!  Just make sure to bring two or three bottles of your homebrew with you, or a great craft beer to try.

Yep :)  I have that book.  It's been well read cover to cover several times.

Back