• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Wondering where are all the BIAB people?

OldBrewer

Apprentice
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of BIAB brewers out there using Beer Smith for making their recipe's, but the forum is strangely quite. Just looking at the posting dates, I surmise their just using BS and not joining the forum? I don't think having to register in 3 different area's is helping,(BS, Forum, cloud). We should not have to log on to each area once we open BS. What's your thoughts?

I think there are a lot of BIAB brewers on the forum as an active percentage.  Most forum questions don't have much to do with the BIAB process itself and it's just one feature of hundreds within the program.

Mash in a bag. Lift the bag. Let the bag drain. ...Not a lot to master there  ;)  I sort of figured this sub-forum would have more about crush size, efficiency, wort fermentability, recipe modifications, water ratios and the brewing setups. Stuff that surround the bag process.

There aren't that many questions about batch sparging, either. That's certainly a popular process, too.

If there's not enough chatter, start a conversation!  8)

I sort of figured this sub-forum would have more about crush size, efficiency, wort fermentability, recipe modifications, water ratios and the brewing setups. Stuff that surround the bag process.

My thoughts also, but strangely quit.  I also would like to see some more work a rounds BS for no sparge brewing?

Hello and G'day from Sydney Australia... I only just found out about the forum, joined yesterday its 10 am on Good Friday (public holiday here is Oz)... I am BIAB all grain since dec 2013 so still learning... have been brewing for 3.5 years and made batch number 230 yesterday... yes lots of beer...have had beersmith for over a year... happy to meet you all
George (oh the silly green hat in my photo).. St Patricks day a few weeks ago.. got a free hat with a pint of Guiness... hope to connect with you all about Brewing and BIAB... I have had issues getting better efficiency so am just using more grains... anything you all want to talk about???

Search for BIAB up there in the top right. You'll find pages of results. Maybe some of your questions have already been discussed. And when new ones come up, maybe you'll have the answer. Welcome.

It's pretty rare for me to BIAB these days, I have to admit. Having said that, it's a fantastically easy way to make a very fermentable wort suitable for stepping up yeast starters and "no-chill" a few litres for using within a fortnight or so. I actually whipped up a 6 litre batch this evening at the same time as making dinner for the family.

Back