• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Palm OS

wortmonger

Apprentice
Reaction score
I wish there was a way to have a brew sheet on my palm, along with a timer and other stuff.  I think it would be a great complement to beersmith even at an added cost.  It could be made completely compatible with PC beersmith and upgraded through the same program via hot-sync.  I could really use something like that. ;)

Thanks,
  I've looked a pocket PC as a potential platform because of many similarities in the application programming.  However, I certainly won't rule anything out.

Brad

Another option could be to make the brew sheet exportable as a Word document.  Since most Palm users have the capability of viewing word documents on their Palms, this would be a good interim capability. 

As for timers, I have found several different types of timer programs available for free on the internet for the Palm and use that when brewing.

Any chance the Palm can handle a small internet (HTML) file.  It seems like one could create a small HTML template that would be readable on the samll screen if this is possible.

Cheers!
Brad

Depending on how new the Palm is, it can read HTML using the Web feature.  There would have to be a file on the internet, or some way to connect to a web server to make it work however.  I don't know exactly how the programing will accept the capability to find a file on the Palm itself.

Back