• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New Brewer, Experienced Comsumer

BWSheldon

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally have joined the ranks of people with brewing equipment thanks to my wonderful wife and Billy Brew who has been a long time member here telling her what she needed to buy. It has been a long time coming, but my doctor has been telling me that his swill ;-) is killing me and I need to take control of my own destiny.

Truth be told, I believe the wife had an ulterior motive as she has been asking me if it is possible to make hard ciders "Just like making your own beer?"

In any event, a big thank you to Bill for the Beer Smith setup, and I hope to become one f those people with brewing equipment who actually learns how to do it right and make something to be proud of.

Happy New Year to everyone, I know it will be for me.

Welcome to the Forum.

BWSheldon said:
Truth be told, I believe the wife had an ulterior motive as she has been asking me if it is possible to make hard ciders "Just like making your own beer?"

She's on the right track! Heh! Cider making is more like wine making, but a lot of the equipment is the same. The cool thing is that most ciders don't take much longer than lager beers (about 20 to 25 days).

...Soooo.... maybe the cider thing becomes her thing? A shared hobby?

Back