• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

U3-enabled application portability

V

vMark1

Hi,

I've been using Beersmith for about a year and I love it!  I learned about U3 smart drives when I recently purchased a new USB flash drive.

Have you considered modifying Beersmith for use on U3 smart drives (USB)?  This would be ideal for those of us that want to be able to use Beersmith at home or when brewing at a friends house.  I don't know what's involved in enabling an app to be U3-compatible, but the concept is pretty intriguing (www.u3.com).

Best regards,
Mark

Mark,
  Someone asked about this a week ago or so.  You should be able to install BeerSmith to a removable drive (change the install directory when installing it) and then just create a shortcut somewhere to the BeerSmith executable on your thumb drive when you want to use it.  It

Obviously I would like you to limit yourself to using BeerSmith on two computers - since that is the current limit under the license.  However, I think this is possible if you want to move your setup between your laptop and desktop.

Cheers!
Brad

Back