• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brewing Sessions

J

jack.boespflug

If I am coming from ProMash, how do I create brewing sessions in BeerSmith?

In Promash, I would create a recipe, then create a session every time I brewed the recipe.  In the session, I am able to input exactly what grains, hops, yeasts, ets, that is used in the brew session, starting out with a template of the recipe.

How do I do this in BeerSmith?

As far as I can tell, I need to create a new recipe with the exact ingredients every time.  Am I doing this correctly in BeerSmith, or does it have a concept of a brew session?  It may just be a matter of symantecs.

Hi,
  BeerSmith does not have a separate sessions database - you can enter your data directly into the recipe itself.  Once you have brewed you can copy your recipe to your brew log where a current copy will be stored for future reference.

Cheers!
Brad

I copy my recipe to my brew log and make the appropriate changes once it is there.  This way I still have the base recipe in the my brews portion and use that as my location for any beers that I do design. 

The beers in my brew log are the ones that I actually brewed sorted by date so I know at a glance as to when I brewed a particular beer and what others I have brewed in relation. 

It helps me remember what the beer tasted like since I usually keg them and am trying to keep a couple on tap at one time.

Back