• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ingredients not showing in recipe view

brewboxer

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I just upgraded to 1.4 and when I pull up recipes in recipe view and add ingredients, they do not show up in the ingredients list.  The IBU's change when I add hops and the OG changes when I add malt but I can't see the ingredients.  Any help?  Thanks.

Vince

Vince,
  Not sure why, but it appears your options file might be corrupted.  You can easily correct this by going to your C:\Program Files\BeerSmith directory and moving the Options.bsm file as well as the backup files (Options_1.bak, etc...) to another directory.  When you start BeerSmith it will create a new options file, though you may need to reset a few items.

Cheers!
Brad

Did not fix for me. I am on Vista Ultimate.
Issue began after I tried Updating from Internet.
Recipes show up when I run as Administrator, but not as local user. I deleted Options.bsm and such.
Ingredients show up in preview pane but not in Recipe View.

Ok,
  I'm running under Vista too, and I believe your problem is most likely a permissions problem.  Try giving your limited user read/write permissions to the  BeerSmith directory, its subdirectories and the files underneath.

On my Vista machine, this was not a problem if I installed BeerSmith as a limited user and ran it, but if you upgraded to Vista in place or installed as an administrative user first I could see a permissions problem as a possibility.

On the next version, I am planning to separate the data directory from the program directory to avoid this problem.

Cheers!
Brad

OK fixed it. Did a search for option*.b* and found two files under my profile.
FYI: Not only do you need to remove the options files from the local program files, but also the options files from the roaming/local profiles need to be removed. :)

Edit: Just read post...will change my permissions on my local. Thank you.

Hi,

I had this problem, and none of the above fixes worked for me.  I removed all the options files, and opened up all permissions for the Beersmith folder, but the recipe ingredients still didn't show up.

I finally got it to work by backing up all my recipes, uninstalling Beersmith, then reinstalling.

I am running Vista Home Basic.

The reinstall took me from Beersmith Ver 1.4 build 030 to Ver 1.4 build 031.

Hope this helps

All,
  After debugging a subtle problem with report formats, I'm hoping version 1.4 build 32 will help alleviate some of the problems - in certain cases not all data was being flushed when writing options files.

Brad

Back