Author Topic: Brewing Sessions  (Read 4307 times)

jack.boespflug

Brewing Sessions
« on: October 05, 2007, 09:11:02 PM »
If I am coming from ProMash, how do I create brewing sessions in BeerSmith?

In Promash, I would create a recipe, then create a session every time I brewed the recipe.  In the session, I am able to input exactly what grains, hops, yeasts, ets, that is used in the brew session, starting out with a template of the recipe.

How do I do this in BeerSmith?

As far as I can tell, I need to create a new recipe with the exact ingredients every time.  Am I doing this correctly in BeerSmith, or does it have a concept of a brew session?  It may just be a matter of symantecs.

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: Brewing Sessions
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 09:32:07 PM »
Hi,
  BeerSmith does not have a separate sessions database - you can enter your data directly into the recipe itself.  Once you have brewed you can copy your recipe to your brew log where a current copy will be stored for future reference.

Cheers!
Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

deerelk4x4

Re: Brewing Sessions
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 04:08:23 PM »
I copy my recipe to my brew log and make the appropriate changes once it is there.  This way I still have the base recipe in the my brews portion and use that as my location for any beers that I do design. 

The beers in my brew log are the ones that I actually brewed sorted by date so I know at a glance as to when I brewed a particular beer and what others I have brewed in relation. 

It helps me remember what the beer tasted like since I usually keg them and am trying to keep a couple on tap at one time.