• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Dilemma - Business trip is delaying bottling

P

pidooma

I'm a relative rookie, this is just my 3rd batch but so far the results have been very satisfying.  I have my 3rd batch in the primary and there is still action at the airlock (every 40 seconds).  This batch is a Brewer's Best WEIZENBIER with 1 lb of Honey added.  The last time I made this beer (without the honey) it was ready for bottling on ~6 days.  I assume the additional sugar (honey) will extend the fermentation.  It has been 8 days so far.  My problem is I have a business trip and will not be able to bottle for another 4 days.  Is it a problem if the fermentation stops in the next day but the brew sits another 3 daysbefore I bottle?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Bob

It will be fine.  I let mine go for 3 weeks in primary for most beer and bottle or keg from there.

No worries.  Just make sure you take gravity reading for 2 or 3 days to make sure that your FG is stable.  Bubbles don't mean all that much.

Don

Back