• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Post-boil gravity

HerrUU

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

When I design a recipe with sugar as a fermentable (eg. Candi sugar), I cannot get the correct post-boil gravity if I add the candi sugar after the boil (so in the fermenter).

Is there a way to get this post-boil gravity in my reports/brewsheet/program?

I'm not looking for the Original gravity (which is with the sugar included), but rather the post-boil gravity without the added sugar.

Thanks,

HerrUU

Not sure that Beersmith can do that. I usually add the candi sugar to the fermenter as well after fermentation subsides. 

BeerSmith calculates OG based on all sugar sources, regardless of timing. Your best bet is to zero out the sugar while making wort. Print your report in this fashion. Then simply change the recipe back and hand write the sugar amount and gravity projection on the sheet.

Brad has said that BeerSmith needs to handle various sugar additions differently than it currently does. No word on how high that is on the priority list.

Back