• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash Gravity

briandickens

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Is there a way for me to see the anticipate gravity from my mash without having to preview the brewsheet? I'm not sure if maybe I'm missing it or not, but I see OG which is the post boil gravity. I don't see the post mash gravity anywhere in the recipe page. I think this would be handy when making a recipe.

Hi,
  If you click on the "Brewhouse Efficiency" button on an open recipe (next to the boil time) you can see the estimated OG into the boiler - which is your mash efficiency.

There is limited space on the main recipe page, but I'm looking at other display options for the next version of BeerSmith.

Cheers!
Brad

okay. i didn't know that was there. that's actually fine. thanks!
actually, that should figure out my actual efficiency, right? one way to find out.

Yes,
If you enter in your measured gravities (post boil and others) it will calculate the actual efficiencies from that.

Cheers!
Brad

Back