• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Another one joins the ranks

J

jpresigjr

Hello, All, from the Central New York!  I am a somewhat experienced home-brewer who's been at it for a few years now and have managed to avoid creating something wholly undrinnkable so far.  I have slowly made my way from exclusively extract brewing to partial-mash and am now looking to take that great leap to all grain on my next batch.  I expect that this software will help make that leap a little easier.

I am also using my own hops that I grow in my yard.  I am growing 6 different varieties and hope to add a couple more next year.  I look forward to tapping into the wealth of knowledge that I am sure exists in this corner of the ether!

Slainte!

Jim

What kinds of hops do you grow?  Did you buy them or get shoots from a friend?  If bought, where?  Pardon me for all the questions, but I'm planning on starting this spring.  I got clay soil, so I'll have a lot of work to do.  Any tips for a successful harvest?

Back