• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith 2 training topics

What topics would you want/expect covered if someone were holding a training class at your homebrew

• Recipe formulation and design.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment Profile tips and "dialing it in."

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Mash profiles

• Odds and ends: Tinseth default, FWH setting, water math, etc.

• What else?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MaltLicker

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Howdy Forum -

I will be doing a training session on BS2 for my local club, and was wondering what topics the wider user-base would want covered in such an event. 

We're polling our club for interest and similar topics, and I'd like to see if we get the same topics, and to see if the larger group names anything our local members do not. 

I put in the poll those topics I see often on the forum, but feel free to add anything else.

Thanks.

Handling trub loss in your equipment profile. This is a big question mark with varied answers on many forums.

I would like to understand scaling better. Like if I download a .bsmx recipe file and change the equipment profile to my own, what effect does that have on the original recipe? What if my efficiency is 12% higher? Which numbers will be/should be affected?

Back