• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

G'day from Down Under

antiphile

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Some people here have already been very helpful, so the least I can do is introduce myself; and never let it be said I didn't do the least I can do. (Apologies to Alan Alda).

I only started brewing about 18 months ago, and after 6 months of kits, I tried a few BIAB. Then I was hooked. About 2 months later, I started 3V and just love learning and practising all the possible variations and fine tuning the variables. I'm aiming to hopefully make the perfect beer before I shuffle off this mortal coil even though I also know it is extremely unlikely.

I live in Newcastle which is a smallish city about 80 minutes drive north of Sydney. Fortunately, there's quite a lot of interest in home brewing around these parts, so it's good to have access to a wide range of resources and people locally, as well as internationally through venues like this forum.

The friendliness and willingness to help from people here, really is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Phil

Hello mate... am in Frenchs Forest on Northern Beaches Sydney... happy easter mate... Nice to see other ozzies here... I have been brewing 3.5 years and past 1.5 years gone all grain... very nice.. have gone ape since started Wednesday brewed batch no 230... yes all 18 Litre batches heaps of beer mate... having friends coming over today for a tasteathon.. I love bottling and use 500 ml brown bottles which I also sell on Gumtree when I get too many extras...have friends who own bars and hotels.. are you into bottling or kegs?
Have just tried to copy Feral Hop hog getting to a IBU of 48... have it in fridge now at 15 C.. so nice not to have to convert to F and Ounces haha.. what you been brewing mate??
George

Back