• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from the north of Canada

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Ryan here, I am just getting into brewing but am no stranger to drinking this delicious stuff!  I've been reading posts on here for the last month or so, but have yet to participate so here I am!

A good friend, Paul, and I have just geared ourselves up and are beginning what seems like a great adventure.  Currently we are 3 batches into the fermenter and bottling for the first time this weekend.  My father was kind enough to donate a bunch of cases of swing tops, so we are both pretty happy.  Although we are making a bunch of mistakes, we are catching on pretty quick. The engineer in us has produced a good pile of data to look at when finding ways to improve.

I cant wait for that brew 'pipeline' to come to be! 

It's a lot of fun learning through mistakes in brewing. This forum is a great teacher. How far north? I'm Innisfil, ontario, on beautiful lake Simcoe. Just wrapping up Ice fishing for the season.

Yes, this forum appears to have a wealth of knowledge!

I am up in Northern Alberta, in the little city of Grande Prairie. Right smack dab in the middle of oil country,but not too far from the Rocky Mountains.  If we continue to have winters like this past one, i may even forget how far north I am. Talk about mild, great for boils in the backyard!

Back