• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Units Conversion and Help Function

HopSong

Apprentice
Reaction score
1. Units Conversion.  I watched a video on this.  I have my first brew set up in metric units.  For grins, I wanted to modify the prices I see in BS to what I actually paid.  For instance, Pale Malt is $/kg.  I blanked out the original number.. but, let's say it was $2.85/kg.  I want to change it to 1.07/lb.  I thought I saw Brad simply type in the number in US $/Lb and it changed his example.

I'm doing something wrong cuz it's not working.. for me.

2.  The other thing I notices.. I went to HELP at the top of that screen.. and it has happened in other screens.. Type in HELP and I get an Error Message.. Failed to open URL'file:/// Applications/Beersmith2.2app/Contents/Resources/help/ grains_and_sugars.htm" in default browser. Error22: invalid argument)

Thanks for any help..

Go to Tools, Options, Units to make measurement and currency changes.
Also to change prices of individual items go to ingredients tab and select what type of ingredient to edit.
Hope this helps you... 8)

Unfortunately, it does not.  I have v2.2.

When I go to Tools (or Unit tools) either in the main toolbar at the very top of the window, or the toolbar that is imbedded in the BS screen and click on it.. there is nothing that shows options.

You don't need to go into 'tools' to access the options menu.  See the screen shot for location on main page.

Attachments

• BS2 screen shot.JPG
    BS2 screen shot.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 354
I don't want to change everything from Metric to English and back again if I don't have to.  I'd just like to make the conversion in specific cells.

I wanted to change the Price for grain from $/kg to $/pound.  After watching that video, I thought I could put 1.07/pound within the cell that said $/kg.  It seemed that is what the video was showing.

Does this mean I have to go to Units and change everything to English.. fill in the cells and then change back to Metric?

Again, thanks for the help..

Back