• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

hello, long time brewer, now advancing

fimpster

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I brewed my first batch on Dec 25, 1999 from an Ale Pail beginners kit my girlfriend (now wife) gave for for Christmas. Over the next 14 years I brewed off and on but always extract with grain, and a couple of stovetop mini-mashes. I brewed over 40 (5 gal) batches in those 14 years (some years many more batches than others).  Last year after a couple year hiatus, I wanted to get back in, but decided it was time to up my game. I finally made the move to all grain, I bought a 16 gal BK, a couple of 10 gallon coolers, built a two tier stand with a single Chugger pump, and this list goes on and on. Today I am brewing my 12th all-grain batch, my wife's favorite, an AAA.

I had used BeerSmith a little in the past, when I was doing extract/SG, but always just using the free trial. I was somewhat familiar with it, but when moving to all-grain it became a necessity. I purchased version 2, got my equipment dialed in and have been using it successfully for about 9 months now. I came to this forum to learn about how to set up my desktop (PC) and my laptop (Mac) to use the same dataset stored on my local NAS. A couple of quick searches got me the information I needed and I am up and running.

Thanks for a great forum with loads of helpful information on BS. I'll have to dig into some of the other brewing subforums to see what other insights this community has to offer.

Thanks again,
Gavin

Back